Macaron is a petite and fancy cookie made with egg white, icing sugar, granulated sugar, almond powder and food colouring. This cookie is a crispy chewy cookie; crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and usually enjoyed on its own, with a filling or a dip e.g. chocolate dip.
Macaron making is a delightful experience and serves as the perfect snack item. Macarons appear and taste amazing when presented in different colours and flavours, and ohhh…when used as a cake topping, gives it some life. Try this recipe and share your experience with us via our social media platforms.
- Almond powder -276g
- Dainess Icing sugar -250g
- Castor sugar -210g
- Egg white -210g
- Sieve Icing sugar onto the Almond powder in a bowl, and mix together.
- Make a Meringue with the castor sugar and egg white by whisking till stiff.
- Gently fold the Almond and Icing sugar into the Meringue.
- Preheat the oven at 1400
- Set your trays using the silicon mat or grease proof paper.
- Using a spatula, fill the pipping bag with the mixture.
- Pipe into the desirable shape on the silicon mat.
- Allow to rest for 2 hours, bake at room temperature of 140oc
Fillings for Macarons:
- White Chocolate -250g
Boiled Cream -500g
- Dark Chocolate -250g
Boiled Cream -225g
- Mix all together using hand whisk.
- Leave to rest and hold for 24hrs.
- Fill Macarons