Tabbouleh Salad is simply fresh herb and Bulgur wheat salad with a blend of diced tomatoes, cucumber and a simple dressing of olive oil and lemon juice. This salad is a highly herby and flavourful salad which is just the healthy meal addition you’ve been looking for because it is packed with lots of fresh and healthy ingredients. Taboulleh Salad will give you that satisfaction knowing that you are eating everything fresh and unadulterated. Try this simple salad recipe and enjoy every bit of it.
- Bulgur wheat, fine or medium texture -200 g
- Cucumber -200 g
- Coarse salt -1tsp
- Parsley, chopped -50 g
- Scallions, sliced thin -20 g
- Tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped -100 g
- Lemon juice -50 ml
- Olive oil -50ml
- Salt – To taste
- Pepper – To taste
- Lettuce leaves -12
- Place the Bulgur wheat in a bowl. Pour over it about twice its volume of boiling water.
- Cover and let stand until completely cool. The bulgur should have absorbed most or all of the water and should be tender enough to eat. If any liquid remains, drain it and squeeze out the grain gently. Fluff with a fork.
- Peel the cucumbers and quarter them lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Slice the cucumbers 1⁄4 in. (6 mm) thick.
- Toss with the coarse salt in a bowl and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse, drain, and pat dry.
- Mix the Bulgur, cucumbers, parsley, scallions, tomato, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a cold salad plate.
- Mound the tabbouleh on the lettuce leaves and serve.