The flavor profile for this Sesame Chicken recipe will get you salivating for more. Sesame Chicken has a sweet, sour, crispy and spicy taste which makes every bite fulfilling. It is one of the timeless Chinese recipes which has come to be appreciated all over the world. Interestingly, you will find yourself using brown sugar to prepare a savory meal which is not a common practice in the preparation of our local Ghanaian cuisines. Just allow the process, you will appreciate the end results.
- Debone chicken thigh -1lb
- Garlic – 1oz
- Soya sauce – 4oz
- Salt -To taste
- Dainess Black pepper -To taste
- Dainess Baking soda – ½ tsp.
- Egg white -1
- Dainess Corn flour -1tbsp.
- Cooking oil for deep frying -500ml
- Dainess Brown sugar -2oz
- Honey -2oz
- Soya sauce -50ml
- Tomato Ketchup -4oz
- Water -100ml
- Rice Vinegar -1tbsp.
- Chives or spring onion for Garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds for Garnish
Method of Preparation:
- Place the chicken, eggs, salt, garlic, soya sauce, corn flour and pepper in a bowl. Stir to combine
- Place the flour and 1/2 cup of cornstarch in a shallow bowl or on a plate. Dust the chicken in the flour.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F.
- Add 7-8 pieces of chicken to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken
- Drain the chicken on paper towels.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in a bowl.
- Heat the teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the honey sauce mixture and bring to a simmer. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until just thickened.
- Add the crispy chicken to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, then serve.
Contact Dainess Chef’s School on: