Yara Ghana is part of Yara International ASA, a leading producer of crop nutrition solutions in Africa and the rest of the world. Yara International ASA has been around since 1905 when it was founded to help combat famine in Europe.
Across Africa however, Yara has been a reassuring presence for farmers for over three decades, with operations in Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Tanzania, Rwanda Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique and South Africa, where its Africa Business Unit head office is sited. Yara currently employs over Sixteen thousand people in about one hundred and fifty countries around the world
In Ghana, Yara began in 2007 and has since established itself in the field as a leader in the provision of crop nutrition solutions for crop growth and quality with a current staff strength of over forty with a network of over 300 retailers and distributors.
For farmers in the cocoa, cereal and vegetable sectors particularly, Yara has been of significant assistance. With a relevant market share in the local fertilizer market, Yara has helped contribute to increased yields and profitability.
Yara’s success and significance to the farming community can be traced to the fact that under the direction of its network of agronomists, Yara has initiated and undertaken a number of programmes to enable small holder farmers achieve the best results.
- Capacity building for dealers and farmers.
- Scientific trials with Research Institutions, NGOs and other partners such as the United States Agency for International Development-ADVANCE Project to develop fertilizer protocols that will increase farmer productivity at minimal cost.
- Increased distributor and retailer network providing hundreds of employment opportunities in the value chain.
- Hundreds of demonstration farms and crop clinics.
- Investment in a new fertilizer terminal in Tema to increase product availability and accessibility for Ghanaian farmers.
You can learn more about Crop Nutrition and what Yara does by visiting www.yara.com.gh