Crème Brulee is known to be a rich and elegant dessert. It is a creamy pudding like dessert made with egg yolks, cream, vanilla and sugar, then topped with caramelized sugar which makes it crunchy on the top and creamy on the inside. Crème Brulee is the perfect and simple dessert to please your guest.
- Whipping cream -500g
- Dainess vanilla essence – 10g
- Castor sugar -200g
- Eggs yolk – 6 large
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the cream and vanilla essence into a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and the egg yolks until well blended and just starts to lighten in color.
- Add the cream a little at a time, stirring continuously.
- Pour the liquid into 6 (7 to 8-ounce) ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a large cake pan or roasting pan.
- Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake just until the crème brulee is set, but still wobbling in the center, approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- Remove the crème brulee from the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes prior to browning the sugar on top.
- Divide the remaining sugar equally among the 6 dishes and spread evenly on top.
- Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy top. Allow the crème brulee to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.