The start of a new year is always a great time to reflect on our goals and make a plan for how to achieve them. It’s a chance to set ourselves up for success and make progress toward the things we want most. But sometimes it can be tough to know where to start or how to get on the right track.
So, let’s get started! Here are 5 strategies I believe can help you unlock your full potential in 2023:
- Don’t just set goals; imbibe the right habits also: Goals are not just achieved by desire alone; however, there are certain habits that ensure we achieve our goals. You have no control over the goal being achieved, but you have full control over the habits you can create to achieve those goals. Which habits and attitudes can you start executing to eventually ensure you meet your goals? Start now!
- Re-align your business: The fact that something worked in 2022 doesn’t necessarily mean it will also work in 2023. Often, we are adamant to making changes because change is difficult. What systems, operations and teams are no longer serving their purpose? Note them down and realign/ repurpose them. Which suppliers won’t we need this year and on which costs can we cut down? Review your business operations for 2022 and re-align for greater performance for 2023.
- Be comfortable with chaos and uncertainty: Two of the greatest fields of growth and evolution are ‘uncertainty’ and ‘chaos’. If you always desire certainty and wish everything to be smooth, you may not achieve exceptional things in 2023. Learn to be comfortable in chaos; if everything seems always under control, then you are not going fast enough. Growth demands demolition of old processes and development of new processes while fighting the war to win. Go hard or go home.
- Invest in your human resources: One of the most powerful assets and investments of any organisation is their human resources. You cannot do everything on your own as a leader; and if your team isn’t as empowered as you are, you will get minimal results despite all your skills, intelligence and will to succeed. If you desire more revenue this year, do not just wish for it, rather invest in a Sales and Communication training for your front line executives. Empower and equip their minds for the breaking of new grounds in 2023. (NB: I will be happy to create a customised training and empowering session for your teams on Leadership, Sales & Customer Service; do reply this email to explore this opportunity).
- Get clarity: Most often, the weight that holds us back is due to lack of clarity. When you do not know where you are going or how to get there, you will be discouraged and lost despite having the will to succeed, to work hard and to win. Be very clear about exactly what you want to achieve and set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for those goals to measure if they are being achieved or not. Clarity does not come in its fullness as you set your goals; clarity comes in parts, then it continues unveiling itself as you apply action. Whatever you have now, start acting on it. Do not wait for everything to be fully clear before you decide to move.
I hope you find these strategies helpful and that they inspire you to make the most of this new year. Thank you for joining us on this journey toward success.
>>>the writer is a Global Sales & Marketing Consultant having worked in top-level management in three (3) multi-million multinationals headquartered in Switzerland, Sweden and Ukraine. He has currently trained over 100,000+ business executives from over 20+ countries. Reach out for secrets, tips and other resources for business growth at: www.danielsarpong.com