Cheesecake is a summer dessert with a really intriguing history! It is a tempting sweet treat with plenty flavours; and it arrives in different shapes and styles.
We all deserve a treat every now and again! Cheesecake can be made from various ingredients and toppings. However, it is most likely that you will need eggs and sugar, and of course, some form of cheese! The type of cheese used in cheesecake can vary too as more often than not, people will use soft spreads and cheeses, such as cream cheese from a packet. You can bake cheesecake if you wish, however, it’s perfectly possible to make cheesecake without baking, and leave it to set in the fridge. Be ready to give your taste buds a treat with this ‘No Bake’ Cheesecake recipe.
No Bake Cheesecake
Digestive Biscuit – 150g
Dainess Margarine – 50/100g
- Crush the biscuit coarsely using a rolling pin
- Melt the margarine; leave to cool
- Mix the two together
- Pour the biscuit mix at the base of the ring, and tap/press it using the spoon.
- Store in the fridge until the cream filling is made
- Cream cheese – 300g (Room temperature 27oC)
- Sugar – 100g
- Plain yoghurt – 50g
- Lemon juice – 1
- Dainess Gelatin – 10g
- Vizyon Whipping cream – 200g
- Lemon zest – 1/2tsp
- Using the paddle or hand whisk, beat together the cream cheese.
- Add sugar in the mixing bowl under low speed.
- Gradually add in the yoghurt.
- Add in the lemon juice and two zest.
- At this point, fetch a portion of the mixture, melt gelatin and mix together.
- Fold the gelatin cream mix into the first (mother) mix.
- Whip the cream powder to double in size.
- Gently fold and mix together the cream cheese mix and the whipped cream.
- Pour the biscuit mix at the base of the ring and tap/press it using the spoon.
- Pour the cream mix on the biscuit base. Allow it to set in the fridge 12hrs/freezer 5hrs.
For the Strawberry Glaze
- Frozen strawberries – 250g
- Sugar – 50g
- Gelatin – 10g
- Dainess Corn flour – 5g
- Combine berries, sugar and corn flour and boil for three minutes.
- Soak and melt gelatin, add to mixture.
- Strain and cool a little.
- Pour on top of cheesecake.
For the Strawberry Sauce
- Fresh strawberries – 200g
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Orange juice – ¼ cup
- Place the strawberries in a medium pan, sprinkle sugar and pour in
- Heat over medium heat for 10-15 minutes to soften strawberries.
- Remove from heat, cool and top the cheesecake as desired.
Whipping Cream Topping
Whip 100ml of Dainess Whipping Cream until soft peak, place in pipping bag, pipe on top of cheesecake.