MTN Ghana has resumed the celebration of Ashantifest – its month-long festival for the people of Asanteman. The festival was put on hold following the outbreak of COVID-19.
Ashantifest is an annual regional festival created by MTN to bring the brand closer to Asanteman while appreciating the loyalty of its cherished subscribers in the region for contributing to the success story of MTN.
Since the inception of the festival over eleven years ago, various life-enriching initiatives -including the provision of community improvement projects, sports and entertainment -have been brought to the doorsteps of several communities in the region. The celebration also comes with specific promotional offers for customers in the region.
Activities planned for this year’s celebration are:
- Community Soccer (MTN Ashantifest Cup) between twelve communities including Asokore Mampong, Dichemso, Bantama and Asafo. The other competing teams are Tech, Abrepo, Suame, Asokwa, Aboabo, Tafo, Fante New Town and Kotei Deduako
- MTN FA Cup Final at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium on 26th
- Courtesy calls on the Ashanti Regional Minister and the Mayor of Kumasi.
- Community forum at Effiduase.
- Media editors’ forum to update the media on issues regarding MTN’s business.
- SME Fair; and
- Y’ello Care Staff Volunteering programme
During this year’s Ashantifest, MTN is making available to its customers a special offer on *141# of 120MB @GHC 2 + 500MB Bonus. This is a unique data offer created just for Asanteman.
Commenting on the festival, the General Manager for the Northern Sector, Nii Adotey Mingle, said: “We cannot overlook the relationship between us and Asanteman. MTN has continued to remain a market leader in the telecoms industry because of your loyalty and support. This is the reason why all these years, we set aside a month each year to renew our commitment to deliver distinct customer experience, and embark on community activities to brighten the lives of people in the region”.
Ashantifest is one of the several regional festivals designed and celebrated by MTN across the country to bring the brand closer to the communities in which the company operates. It is held in appreciation of the continuous support of the region to the growth of MTN. Other MTN initiated regional festivals include Suncity fest (BABE Regions), Twin City fest (Western Region) and Savanna fest (for the five regions of the North).