You will be amazed at this bread variation; definitely not your regular bread. The thought of using corn for bread will make your imaginations go wild, especially in this part of the world where we are used to wheat flour bread, i.e., sugar bread, tea bread, butter bread, etc.
Allow yourself to experience the amazing outcome of using corn for bread, with this corn bread recipe, you will find yourself wanting to make it all the time, you will love the sweet corn flavour and its heavenly taste, not forgetting the beautiful yellow appearance. Assemble your ingredients, follow through with the recipe and in just an hour you will be content with what you will have achieved. Try drizzling a little honey on a slice, to experience a whole new level flavour. It’s simply amazing!
- Unsalted butter -60g
- Fresh corn cobs -200g
- Polenta (Fine yellow corn meal) -150g
- Strong bread flour -125g
- Castor Sugar -50g
- Dainess baking powder -1 tsp.
- Salt -1tsp.
- Eggs -2
- Milk -250ml
- Preheat the oven to 220◦c. Oil the pan with butter.
- Place in oven.
- Cut away the kernels from the cobs and scrape out the pulp with the back of the knife.
- Sift the polenta, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Add the corn.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter and milk.
- Pour three-quarters of the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir.
- Draw in the dry ingredients, adding the remaining milk mixture. Stir just until smooth.
- Carefully take the hot pan out of the oven and pour in the batter, it should sizzle.
- Quickly brush the top with butter. Bake for 20-25mins.
- The bread should shrink from the sides of the pan, and a skewer should come out clean once it is well-baked.