The winner gets all-expenses paid trip to attend the event in Dubai and be exposed to global investors and mentors.
Startups are encouraged to Apply now to get shortlisted – deadline is 10 May 2022.
The North Star and Gitex Global teams are travelling across Africa to discover the best startups of each African nation and spotlight the national winners in front of global investors, partners and media at North Star in Dubai from 10-13 October 2022.
As part of the selection process for West Africa, the team will be connecting with startups in the local ecosystem in Ghana by May 13, 2022.
The Pitch event in Accra will also feature key talks and panels on business opportunities in Dubai and building bridges with the ecosystem in Africa.
“The time has come for African startups to shine at the world’s largest tech + startup event. Our team is travelling across Africa to discover the best startups of each African nation and spotlight the winners in front of global audiences at North Star, taking place from 10-13 October 2022 in Dubai,” said Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) organisers of North Star and Gitex Global.
“On 13 May 2022, we will be in Ghana where top 10 shortlisted startups will pitch live on stage and one winner will get the chance to be featured at North Star in Dubai, with complimentary flights & exhibition pod. The initiative in Ghana is held in partnership with Ghana Tech Lab and Innohub,” said Rozana Noja, Portfolio Director – North Star & GITEX GLOBAL.
When: 13 May 2022
Where: Ghana Tech Lab
Why North Star is your gateway to next-level success:
- Largest, most exciting startup event across the Middle East, Africa & South Asia
- Held in best startup destination, UAE – ranked #1 in Global Entrepreneurship Index ahead of USA, UK & Japan
- Chance to meet 400+ big-ticket investors with billions under funds
- Guaranteed pitch slot in the Supernova Challenge, biggest startup pitch with USD 200,000 cash rewards
- Network with 100,000 influential attendees, corporates & government leaders
- Largest government presence of any tech event, 200+ entities looking to partner with startups