The Women In Entrepreneurship Ghana (WIEG) says the Women In Entrepreneurship Awards (WIEA) is the game-changer with the potential to encourage more women to embrace entrepreneurship and as well facilitate youth entrepreneurship.
Miss Sylvia Tweneboah-Koduah, President of WIEG, noted that WIEA sought to identify, recognize and honour women entrepreneurs contributing to economic growth and driving the women empowerment agenda in Ghana.
She underscored the need for young women to be offered training, assistance and mentoring, in how to establish and expand their businesses.
Miss Tweneboah-Koduah made these remarks during the maiden edition of WIEA, which took place at the Accra Tourist Information Centre, last weekend.
The event saw Josephine Aku Selorm Gator walk home with the ultimate award- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, whereas, some dignitaries including Stacy Amoateng, Oheneyere Gifty Anti, Tagoe Sisters, Her Excellency Ambassador Erieka Bennett, Esther Addo of Estaron Balloons, and Ambassador Nancy Sam, received honorary awards.
Miss Tweneboah- Koduah who doubles as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of WIEA highlighted the need for the youth to also explore entrepreneurial opportunities to enable them to become self-reliable.
She encouraged women to strive for excellence, saying “let me use this platform to encourage young female entrepreneurs and push everyone here to start something new because it has become extremely important at this point.
WIEA seeks to showcase women-owned enterprises and celebrate women entrepreneurs from conceivable industries, and in the process shine a national light on their hard work and efforts to improve lives in Ghana amidst the hardship of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Below is the full list of winners.
- Ready-made Garment of the Year – Dressit Up
- Agriwoman of the year – Monalisa Baaba
- Yarn Stylist of the year – Loops.xx
- Tv Show of the year – Girls Vibe
- Cosmetics vendor of the year – Irving Ackom
- Tv Host of the Year – Citizen Mina
- Photographer of the year – Kafui Praize
- Fashion Designer of the Year – Julie Perp
- Hairstylist of the Year – Wendy Ghartey
- Family Business of the year – Boadu Nkansah Publications
- Food/Catering Service of the Year – Jennifer Bonney
- Actress of the year – Portia Freelove
- Hair Product of the Year – AFB Golden Enterprise
- Beauty and Lifestyle brand of the year – Emmaculate Abowine
- Baker of the Year – Chelcy Anning
- Student Entrepreneur of the year – Yayies Awu
- Innovative Business of the Year – Emmaculate Abowine
- Virtual shop of the Year – Julie Comfort Enterprise
- Kitchen and electrical appliances – Abigail Boatemaa
- Event Center of the Year – L’Chaim Exquisite Event Center
- Most promising woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Majeeda Ali Nuhu
- Superwoman of the Year – Elizabeth Aso
- Woman Entrepreneur of the year – Josephine Aku Selorm Gator