The nicest turnovers are the ones you finally get to make by yourself, baking it to the right texture and taste with enough filling. Fish Turnover is what you need for breakfast, an afternoon tea or a snack. Although, an old classic, you find turnovers at every event or pastry stand because it is easy and inexpensive to make. With this recipe you will be able to achieve the right bake for a delightful turnover. Try our recipe and give us feedback via our social media handles.
Short Crust Dough
- Soft flour -1kg
- Dainess margarine -550g/600g
- Salt – pinch/optional
- Ice cold water -200g
- Sieve the flour and salt.
- Rub in fat to a sandy mixture.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add sufficient water to make a fairly firm paste.
- Handle as little and as lightly as possible.
- Onion -1ball
- Carrot -2 pieces
- Tuna flakes, open and drain -1
- Red powdered pepper -1tbsp.
- Oil -100ml
- Seasoning -1tsp
- Salt -Pinch
- Peel, clean and chop vegetables into diced.
- Put oil in a saucepan on fire till hot.
- Toss all vegetables.
- Add in the salt and keep stirring
- Mix in the pepper and the tuna, stir it.
- Add in the seasoning
- Remove from fire.
Filling and Folding
- Roll the dough, cut with molding cutter.
- Place the filling on the ring dough.
- Turn over into a half circle and seal the edges.
- Dock the top, using folk, egg wash and bake.