In Ghana, the common form of salads are often a mixture of raw or cooked vegetables served with a dressing, but in this recipe, the main ingredient used is “Couscous” a grain which is often used in the way you would use rice.
Couscous Salad is a colourful salad made up of Couscous, Feta cheese, and vegetables, served with a simple dressing with all coming together to form a delectable taste. A light and quick salad, it can be served as a side dish or eaten on its own as a delicious light meal. It is low in calories, filling and keeps you fuller for longer. Try this recipe and share with your friends and family.
- Couscous -500g
- Red bell pepper medium dice -1
- Green bell pepper -1
- Cucumber medium dice -90g
- Black olives pitted, sliced -60g
- Red onion, diced -90g
- Feta cheese, diced -30g
- Lemon juice -45g
- Lemon zest, grated -5g
- Dijon mustard -1tsp
- Honey -150ml
- Garlic, chopped -15ml
- Paprika -1tsp
- Salt -To taste
- Deydom black pepper -1tsp
- Vegetable oil -90ml
- Steam the couscous until tender, set aside to cool.
- Combine the couscous with the vegetables, olive oil and cheese.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Combine the salad ingredients with as much of the dressing as needed to moisten and flavor the couscous.
- Chill thoroughly before serving. Check the seasoning after chilling, adding more dressing if needed.
Contact Dainess Chef’s School on: