Lemon Cake is that irresistible dessert which excites your buds with every bite. The uniqueness of lemon cake lies in its distinct tangy and sweet taste and flavour. Lemon Cake has become popular as a healthy cake option for cake lovers and vendors. This recipe is a simple cool treat for your family and friends. Follow through with the recipe and add on to your favourites.
- Eggs -4
- Castor sugar -180g
- Salt -3g
- Vizyon Whipping Cream -70g
- Fresh milk -140 ml
- Lemon zest -15g
- Lemon juice -30g/40g
- Melted Dainess Margarine -50g
- Soft flour -150g
- Dainess Baking Powder – 4g
- Whisk eggs, sugar and salt until mixture is foamy.
- Prepare your whipping cream by adding 2 parts of milk (140ml) and whisking till soft peaks form. Add the cream to the egg mix, and combine.
- Add the lemon zest, juice and melted Dainess margarine, and mix in.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to the mixture.
- Mix until the batter is smooth with an almost runny consistency
- Refrigerate for 30mins.
- Grease and dust your baking pan with margarine and flour.
- Preheat the oven to 200◦C on static heat.
- Remove the batter from the fridge, pour into the baking pan, filling up to 2/3 of the pan.
- Place in the oven and reduce heat to 180◦C
- Bake for 20mins. Remove, allow to cool and serve.