Pizza is the world’s favourite fast food. Everyone enjoys eating it at home and in the restaurant. A slice of pizza easily satisfies hunger and cravings with a hot or cold drink. Pizza is a savoury dish with a flat bread base and toppings of tomato sauce, vegetables, cheese and other ingredients of choice. Pizza may look sophisticated but very easy, cost effective and fun to make at home.
- Active dry yeast -12g
- Warm water – 60ml
- Bread flour (hard) -420g
- Water (cool) -180ml
- Salt – 6g
- Olive oil -30ml
- Honey -20g
For Tomato sauce
- Oil -20g
- Plum tomatoes -2 cans
- Onion -2 medium
- Garlic -4 cloves
- Oregano -1 tsp.
- Thyme -1 tsp.
- Salt -To taste
- Pepper -To taste
- Sliced green pepper -1medium
- Sliced coloured peppers -1medium
- Seasoned and Sautéed or cooked chicken breast or beef steak or shrimp -1 pound
- Mozzarella cheese -1pound
- Basil leaves
- Stir the yeast into the warm water to dissolve. Add flour.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the flour mixture. Knead with a dough hook or hand until smooth and elastic, approximately 5mins.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover. Allow the dough to ferment or prove in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes. Punch down the dough and divide into portions. The dough may be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Meanwhile, prepare tomato sauce by putting oil in a clean pot on fire, add blended onion and garlic and sauté.
- Add plum tomato and cook for about 10 minutes on a medium low heat then season with oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for additional 5 mins then allow to cool.
- Slice the peppers and season.
- Seal or cook the chicken breast or any protein of your choice. Set aside to cool
- Grate the cheese and set aside.
- Wash the basil leave then pate dry.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into very thin round shapes and top by spreading with the tomatoes sauce, sprinkle cheese and add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 400F (200◦c) until crisp and golden brown, approximately 8 – 10 minutes. If you don’t want a crispy dough roll it slightly thicker then top as desired and bake for 12 to 15
Contact Dainess Chef’s School on: