SMT Ghana has launched the Volvo CareTrackTM telematics system for remote monitoring of Volvo machines for increased productivity and business value. The new technology will help Volvo machine owners to remotely monitor machine location, fuel consumption, and time for the next service.
Mr. Leonardo Aguiar, Technical Director at SMT Ghana, said that SMT will provide CareTrackTM equipped as standard on most of its construction machines.
He explained that using GPRS / GSM (mobile network) to send information, this new technology will enable users to track the location of their machines, fuel consumption, speed, and hours of operation, as well as the time for the next service. The data on the machines will be available securely and instantaneously from any remote online connection. Employing fault reporting, activity warnings, and remote diagnosis, this technology will help Volvo dealers and machine owners to identify and resolve machine problems quickly and proactively.
- Mr. Alex Dutamby, Managing Director at SMT Ghana, also added that this innovation is timely for our customer’s operations in this information-driven world. This will lead to better site management, leading to cost savings and timely completion of projects. CareTrackTM will help in enhancing machine uptime through better control over equipment usage.
The major benefits of Volvo’s CareTrackTM telematics system include:
- Increased safety: Customers can ‘lock in’ the machine in a geographic area where it should operate.
- Control of service: Customers get service reminders and service history of their machines.
- Higher productivity: Make informed decisions using CareTrack’s reports on parameters such as litres of fuel consumed per hour, percentage of machine work vs percentage of machine idling, etc. to increase fleet productivity.
- Data availability: Easy access to machine data enables customers to effortlessly co-ordinate equipment usage processes, preventive maintenance, and refuelling.
- Better control when renting: Customers are always aware of the location and usage of their machines. With data on machine worked hours and fuel usage, invoicing is also greatly simplified.
As a part of this initiative, SMT Ghana in partnership with Volvo will make the CareTrackTM telematics system available as standard on certain models of newly produced machines – hydraulic excavators, wheel loaders, articulated haulers, and motor graders. It will be delivered to customers free of charge, with a 3-year CareTrackTM customer activation, which will enable owners to upgrade to enjoy the full range of benefits available with remote monitoring.
Established in 2010 in Belgium, SMT today provides a broad range of advanced products, services, and solutions for the transport and infrastructure sectors across Europe and Africa. Reinforced by the operational agility of its dedicated sales and service network, SMT works in partnership with its customers, delivering value to improve their performance and support their growth.
SMT Africa, subsidiary of SMT Holding, is present in 25 countries in Africa, with 15 local entities.
Based in Accra with subsidiaries in Tarkwa, Tamale, and Kumasi, SMT Ghana is the official distributor for Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Trucks, Volvo Penta, SDLG range of equipment and Dongfeng Trucks in Ghana.
Our quality products are tailored to your environment and accompanied by a first-class after-sales service. You will love the Volvo products, the speed of our delivery, and the quality of our service.