You have tried banana bread, banana smoothies, banana pancakes etc. but we bet you have not thought of Battered Banana yet. In today’s recipe, we introduce a simple and interesting dessert: Battered Banana. A new and exciting way to use Banana especially when in season. Battered Bananas are quite irresistible and yummy, therefore it may be wise to make double quantities to satisfy everyone. Try this recipe and give your taste buds a treat.
- Medium banana -8
- Lemon juice -2 tsp.
- Self-raising flour -75g
- Rice flour -75g
- Corn flour -1 tbsp.
- Dainess cinnamon powder-½ tsp.
- Water -250ml
- Dainess brown sugar -4 tsp.
- Oil for deep frying – As needed
- Cut the bananas into chunks and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over banana to prevent discoloration.
- Sift the self-raising flour, rice flour and corn flour into a mixing bowl. Gradually stir in the water to make a thin batter.
- Heat the oil in a preheated wok until almost smoking, then reduce the heat slightly.
- Place a piece of banana on the end of a fork and carefully dip it into the batter, draining off any excess. Repeat with the remaining banana pieces.
- Sprinkle the sugar on to a large plate.
- Carefully place the banana pieces in the oil and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, until golden. Remove the banana pieces from the oil with a slotted spoon and roll them in the sugar. Transfer to serving bowls and serve immediately with cream or ice cream.
NB: Rice flour can be bought from wholefood shops or from supermarket