Zoomlion Ghana Limited is a limited liability company established in January 2006, under the Company’s Code 1963, Act 179 of Ghana. Over the years, it has become a giant in waste management as well as environmental sanitation business in Ghana and Africa.
The company’s core mandate has been to help deal with the country’s waste menace and to address its teeming unemployment. The company started with a nine-member staff but has grown over the past 13 years of its existence, with 14 regional subsidiaries and now has a total core staff in excess of 3,500 and project staff of 55,000.
Zoomlion Ghana Limited is a fully-owned Ghanaian company that focuses on delivering proving waste management, beautification, vector control and scientific cleaning services by providing solutions that rely on ongoing technical innovations that respect the environment. The company initially started with Public-Private-Partnerships (PPPs) in various waste management and environmental sanitation service projects such as evacuation of refuse heaps, public cleansing etc.
The company has offices in all 16 regional capitals and 260 Metropolitan, Municipal and Districts Assemblies throughout Ghana. Currently Zoomlion Ghana Limited has subsidiary companies in Angola, Togo, Equatorial Guinea and Zambia.
To be the leading Environmental Sanitation Management Company in Africa.
- We believe in integrity when dealing with our customers.
- We recognize that it is in the best interest of our shareholders to have regard for the views of important stakeholders such as customers, employees, local communities and the general public.
- We are committed to achieving a safe working environment, where our people are valued and respected.
- We try to ensure that our suppliers and clients share our values.
- We aim to be good corporate citizens, responding to local and national concerns.
- Our business actions are consistent with our value of leadership in the environmental sector of the economy.
- We obey the laws and respect the social structures and cultures of communities in which we conduct any business;
- We will compete vigorously and professionally, but within the laws and accepted norms for new businesses.
- We seek to conform to corporate governance guidelines relevant to publicly quoted companies.
The range of services provided by the company include but not limited to the following: –
- Tricycle waste collection concept in public cleansing, street sweeping and drain cleaning; this has been upgraded to the use of motorized mini-dump trucks (Borla Taxi) and motorized tricycles
- Beach cleansing and aesthetics; hauling of waste along the beaches, drainage of major drains leading directly into the sea and coconut planting along the coast
- Door-to-Door Solid waste collection with compaction trucks and tricycles
- Solid Waste Collection with large capacity waste containers for communities (communal waste collection)
- Liquid waste collection (septic tank emptying) and treatment plant in progress
- Pest Control Services, de-infestation and fumigation of facilities and localities
- Landfill or final disposal Site operation and management
- Street and pavement sweeping, desilting and cleaning of drains
- Hiring and leasing of waste management equipment
- Landscaping of roadsides, medians and roundabouts as well as residences
- Water tanker services
- Janitorial services – scientific and industrial cleaning services
- Waste management capacity-building and training of personnel
- Disaster management services i.e. disaster and emergency services management, event waste management services, etc.
Technical and Managerial Structure
The following constitute the Technical and Managerial structure of the company as shown in figure 1:
- The Executive Chairman and an Eight-Member Board of Directors having varied experiences and expertise in the fields of environmental sanitation and waste management, business management, finance and law.
- An administration which is headed by the Managing Director who provides leadership and strategic direction with other functional Directors and Managers;
- Deputy Managing Director – oversees the day-to-day running of the company.
- Director of Monitoring and Service Quality – oversees all operational activities and provision of quality service.
- Director of Finance – oversees the financial administration of the company
- Director of Communication and Corporate Affairs – acts as spokesperson for the company.
- Director of Research, Innovation and Development – carries out research activities for the company.
- Head of Legal – responsible for all legal matters concerning the company.
- Human Resource Manager – responsible for human capital, training and development of staff
- Head of Technical – responsible for the Technical Department including Mechanical Maintenance Workshop and Stores.
- Operational Supervisors and Field Operatives, including Drivers and Janitors.
The company has a foundation, Zoomlion Foundation, that operates as a subsidiary to deal with other social interventions. Below is a diagram that shows the structure of Zoomlion Ghana Limited, the positions in the organization and how they are related to each other.
Zoomlion Ghana Limited has a team of experienced professionals, highly motivated and well trained staff that provides the requisite capacity to execute environmental sanitation services. The management team is led by a managing director.
Gloria Opoku Anti (Managing Director)
Our Managing Director, Mrs. Gloria Opoku Anti, is a holder of MSc Human Resource Management from the University of Glamorgan, UK. She is a Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD, UK) member and a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management Practitioners, Ghana.
She has many years’ experience in Human Resources Management and Development, having worked with Adecco Recruitment Solutions (Cardiff, UK), Data Set Limited (London, UK), Promasidor Ghana Limited, J.A Plant Pool Ghana Limited and Zoomlion Ghana Limited. She has experience in Strategic Decision Making and Strategic Human Resource Management and Planning.
Gloria has participated in several trainings, seminars and conferences, including Alternative Dispute Resolution (Gamey and Gamey Academy of Mediation), Career Development and Succession Planning (Institute of Human Resource and Management Practitioners), Productivity Related Pay System (Gamey and Gamey Academy of Mediation) Global Leadership Summit (Willow Creek Association) Illinois, Chicago, SHRM 67th Annual Conference, Las Vegas, US, CIPD Festival of Work, Manchester, UK and Foundation in Leadership and Change (Pentacle).