Eating Burger has always been an exciting time for everyone especially when it is made at home and there is enough to feast on. This Barbeque Beef Burger recipe has made preparing burgers at home even more exciting because, it is simple yet delish.
The barbecuing technique and sauce is what makes this recipe what it is and full of flavours. The first step in making a great burger is ensuring that you acquire fresh quality ingredients and achieving the right textures with the components. Follow through the recipe and pride yourself with a yummy and appealing burger.
- 720ml -Water, warm (110°F/43°C)
- 60g -Active dry yeast
- 1320g -Bread flour
- 30g -Salt
- 120g -Granulated sugar
- 60g -Dainess non-fat dry milk powder
- 60g -Shortening
- 60g -Unsalted butter, softened
- 100 -Eggs (2 eggs)
- As needed -Egg wash
- As needed -White sesame seeds
- Combine the water and yeast in a small bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients (except the egg wash) in the bowl of a mixer.
- Add the water-and-yeast mixture to the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Knead with a dough hook on medium speed for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic and place in a warm spot. Ferment until doubled, approximately 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough. Let it rest a few minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
- Divide the dough then scale (weigh) it into 1¼- ounce (38-gram) portions and round. Shape as desired and arrange on paper-lined sheet pans. Proof until doubled in size.
- Carefully brush the proofed rolls with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on it. Bake at 400°F (200°C) until medium brown, approximately 12–15 minutes. Approximate values per 1¼-oz. (38-g)
BBQ Beef Burger
- 1 pound -Ground lean beef
- 1 large -Egg
- 3 tbsp. -Minced onion
- 2 tbsp. -Fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 or 2 -Cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon -Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon -Pepper
- 4 -Hamburger buns split
- 1/4 cup -Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. -Barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup -Ketchup
- 4 -Lettuce leaves (rinsed and crisped)
- 1 -Firm-ripe tomato (cored and thinly sliced)
- 4 -Thin sliced red onion
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well blended. Divide mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a round flat ball
- Lay burgers on an oiled barbecue grill, or oven cooked burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink inside (cut to test), 7 to 8 minutes total. Remove from grill.
- Transfer burgers to a baking sheet as they’re done. Baste with barbeque sauce cook for 2 minutes then top each with cheese and place in the oven to melt, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lay buns, cut side down, on grill and cook until lightly toasted, 30 seconds to 1minute.
- Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on bun bottoms. Add lettuce, tomato, burger, onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Set bun tops in place.
Contact Dainess Chef’s School on: