Have you tried Hawaiian Pizza yet? Hawaiian Pizza is a perfect combination of sweet and savory, with an undeniably delicious topping of tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, sliced ham, and pineapple. Making pizza at home can’t get easier. Try this Hawaiian Pizza recipe and thank us later. You need just a handful of ingredients! Have fun making this crowd pleasing and delicious pizza!
- Active dry yeast -12g
- Warm water – 60ml
- Bread flour (hard) -420g
- Water (cool) -180ml
- Salt – 6g
- Olive oil -30ml
- Honey -20g
For Tomato sauce:
- Oil -20g
- Plum tomatoes -2 cans
- Onion -2 medium
- Garlic -4 cloves
- Oregano -1 tsp.
- Thyme -1 tsp.
- Salt -To taste
- Pepper -To taste
- 1 fresh medium pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into cubes.
- unsliced ham, cut into cubes or chunks -1 pound
- Tomato or pizza sauce -450g
- Shredded cheese (mozzarella) -454g
- Olive oil -25g
- Stir the yeast into the warm water to dissolve. Add flour.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the flour mixture. Knead with a dough hook or hand until smooth and elastic, for approximately 5mins.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover. Allow the dough to ferment or prove in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes. Punch down the dough and divide into portions. The dough may be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Meanwhile, prepare tomato sauce by putting oil in a clean pot on fire, add blended onion and garlic and sauté.
- Add plum tomato and cook for about 10 minutes on a medium low heat then season with oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 5 mins then allow to cool.
- Lightly grease a frying pan or skillet and sauté the pineapple till lightly browned. Remove the pineapple and sauté the ham. While this step isn’t strictly necessary, it intensifies the flavors, and helps keep the pizza from getting soggy from pineapple juice.
- To prepare the pizzas: Bake the pizza crusts, without toppings, for about 12 minutes, till they’re set but not browned.
- Remove from the oven and spread with tomato sauce. Layer with the pineapple and ham, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Return pizzas to the oven, and bake for an additional 12 to 16 minutes, till the crusts are brown and the cheese is melted and barely beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer to a rack. Slice and serve ASAP.