- Pork -125g
- Egg -1 small
- Fresh ginger root chopped -½ inch
- Onion, finely chopped -1 small
- Boiling water -1 tbsp.
- Canned bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed and chopped -25g
- Smoked ham, chopped -2 slices
- Dainess Corn flour -2tsp
- Spinach -450g
- Sesame seeds -2 tsp
For the sauce
- vegetable stock -150ml
- Dainess corn flour -½ tsp
- cold water -1 tsp
- light soy sauce -1 tsp
- sesame oil -½ tsp
- Chopped chives -1 tbsp.
- Mince the pork very finely in a food processor or meat mincer. Lightly beat the egg in a bowl and stir into the minced pork.
- Put the ginger and onion in a separate bowl, add boiling water and let it stand for 5 mins. Drain and add to pork mixture with bamboo shoots, ham and corn flour. Mix thoroughly and roll into 12 balls
- Wash the spinach and remove the stalks. Blanch in boiling water for 10secs and drain well, pressing out as much moisture as possible. Slice the spinach into very thin strips, then mix with the sesame seed. Spread out the mixture in a shallow baking tin or pan. Roll the meatballs in the mixture to coat.
- Place the meatballs in a heat proof plate in the base of a steamer. Cover and steam for 8-10mins, until cooked through and tender.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Put the stock in a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Mix together the corn flour and water to a smooth paste and stir it into the stock.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil and chives.
- Transfer the cooked meatballs to a warm plate and serve with the sauce.
See Also: Audrey Naa Dei Kotey's thoughts ... Ghana has a new Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency Act !!!
NB: Can be served with rice.