The old boys of Adisadel College says they expect proper administrative procedure to follow as far as the issue of the troubled headmaster, William Kusi-Yeboah is concerned.
Addressing the press in Accra on Tuesday, the Adisadel Old Boys Association (AOBA) National Executive Council (NEC) president, Kojo Yankah indicated that the old boys association were concerned and “a bit surprised” at the turn of events.
According to him, the board of governors of the school were not aware of the development until today[Tuesday,8th January] that, its chairman was invited to the Ghana Education Service(GES) office in Accra, prior to that letters had already been written.
“We do not dispute the authority of the Ghana Education Service to discipline its employee; but we are concerned about the way the issue has been handled. This is not the first time our headmaster has been threatened with dismissal. There is no evidence before the board of the headmaster having been officially queried; there has been no reference of the headmaster’s behaviour or conduct to the board on which we are represented. This administrative lapse is deeply regretted.
We wish to assure the GES of our cooperation with the investigation process. We hope that the final determination will be in the best interest of educational administration in this country, particularly in Adisadel College” he said.
The Headmaster of Adisadel College in Cape Coast, Mr William Kusi-Yeboah, has been interdicted, “pending the conclusion of investigations into alleged acts of violations of procedures of the Ghana Education Service”.
According to reports, the circular sent to Mr Kusi-Yeboah, indicated that the Central Regional Director of Education was to assume temporary responsibility for the management of the school.
“It is the expectation of management that you will cooperate to ensure early conclusion of the investigations,” it stated.
Prof. Amankwa declined to give further clarification on the specific “acts of violations of procedures”, explaining that those would be made known as soon as investigations were completed.
He explained that the directive “takes immediate effect and the two regional directors are to take over temporary responsibility, beginning Tuesday, January 8, 2019”.