Nominees for the 2nd edition of the Sustainability & Social Investment Awards, slated for the 30th November, 2018 at the Accra Marriott hotel are been announced.
The Sustainability & Social Investment Awards identify and publicly recognize the impact made by companies, CSI/CSR foundations, NGO’s, individuals and other implementing agencies through exemplary success in voluntarily improving the quality of life of people and communities.
The purpose of the SS1 Awards among others is to create awareness and encourage companies to infuse corporate social investments and innovations in the form of approach, usage of technology and expertise towards solving developmental challenges faced by the society, individuals and communities as a whole.
“We strongly believe that when most companies undertake CSI/CSR projects that follow up innovative solutions to specific problems in the domains of Social, Economic and Environmental challenges, the nations effort in achieving its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be accelerated resulting in a better state of the economy than what we currently see” said Mr. Adu-Gyamfi Isaac, events director.
”We see ourselves as helping push the boundaries of what companies can do to help the nation achieve its sustainable development goals and by encouraging companies to increase their sustainability efforts and then manage and report the results, we’re hoping that the greater impact will be measurable” he added.
This year’s edition celebrates business excellence and innovation in corporate social responsibility and is themed “investing in communities, impacting lives”. It also reward businesses that creatively approached CSR and those who are creating new standards, committing their organization to make social responsibility an integral part of their business.
The 2018 shortlisted Nominees includes;
- Best Company in Charitable Given
Groupe Ideal; Ecobank; Goil; Bond Savings & Loans; Ghandour Cosmetics
- Best Company in Clean Water Provision Project
Guinness Ghana Breweries ltd; GNPC Foundation; Chirano Gold Mine; Starlife Assurance Co. Ltd
- Best Company in Climate Change Mitigation Project
World Vision Int.; Asanko Gold
- Best Company in Community Development And Infrastructure Project
Chirano Gold Mines; Goldfields Ghana Foundation; GNPC Foundation;
Meridian Port Services ltd
- Best Company in Community Support Project
Ghacem Cement Foundation; Baj freight & Logistics;
- Best Company in Disability Employment.
Blue Skies; Fiesta Royale Hotel
- Best Company in Disability Support Project
GHL Bank; Fiesta Royale Hotel; Blue Skies
- Best Company in Economic Empowerment Project
MTN Ghana Foundation; World Vision International; Asanko Gold
- Best Company in Educational Sponsorship Project
SIC Insurance; Ghana Maritime Authority; GNPC Foundation; McDan Foundation
Goldfields Ghana Foundation
- Best Company in Educational Sustainability Program.
World Vision International; GNPC Foundation; UBA Foundation
- Best Company in Employee Volunteering Initiatives.
Stanbic Bank Ltd; Ecobank; Access Bank Ghana; Samsung; Goil
MTN Ghana Foundation
- Best Company in Environment Sustainability Project
World Vision International; Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd; Zoil Services Ltd
- Best Company in Financial Inclusion Project
Fido Money Lending; Bond Savings & Loans ltd; First Allied Savings & Loans
- Best Company in Girl Child Education Program.
Varkey Foundation; World Vision International
- Best Company in Livelihood Empowerment Project
Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd; Unilever Ghana Ltd; Opportunity Int. Savings & Loans
- Best Company in Long-Term Health Support Project
Kasapreko Co. Ltd; Blow Chem Industries; GNPC Foundation
- Best Company in Partnership for Community Development
Chirano Gold Mines; Vivo Energy; GNPC Foundation
- Best Company in Post Disaster Rehabilitation Support Program
Ernest Chemist Ltd; Goil; Starlife Assurance Co. Ltd
- Best Company in Project Eradicating Streetism.
Vanguard Assurance Co. Ltd; Ghana Maritime Authority
- Best Company in Project Promoting Agriculture And Agribusiness
Accra Brewery Ltd; Farmerline; Opportunity Int. Savings & Loans; Cargill Ghana
- Best Company in Project Promoting Good Health & Wellness
Chiropractic & Wellness Centre; Unilever Ghana; Jonmoore Int. Co. Ltd
- Best Company in Project Promoting Road Safety
Total Ghana Ltd; Puma Energy Foundation; Vivo Energy; Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd
- Best Company in Project Providing Educational Facilities
Ecobank; Total Gana; MTN Ghana Foundation; SIC Insurance Co. Ltd; GNPC Foundation; Seaweld Eng. Ghana; Donewell Insurance Co. Ltd; Melcom Care Foundation
- Best Company in Project Supporting Educational Institutions
Ghacem Cement Foundation; GNPC Foundation; McDan Foundation; Ecobank; Starlife Assurance Co. Ltd; Melcom Care Foundation