For a product to function to its optimal level, it is important to understand the correct maintenance that the product requires. Maintaining a water tank is not difficult as long as you follow the manufacturer’s recommended guidelines.
Water Tank Installation
Correct preparation is essential to ensure a long and trouble-free life for your water tank. Water tanks are the most cost-effective means of keeping drinking water clean, safe and in adequate supply. They are strongly built but it is nonetheless important to have them installed properly. For a product like Polytank, installation and maintenance will go a long way to ensure its longevity. As a result, it is critical to note the following while installing your polytank:
- Always maintain/install your polytank on a flat level compacted base or a concrete flat surface commonly known as a “platform”. Avoid using uneven surfaces such as cement blocks, bricks or plastic stands.
- When using metal stands, ensure that the poles are strong enough to carry the weight of your installed Polytank.
- Only keep small capacity size water tank from 200 liters to 2,000 liters on a high-rise surface with a strong base or metal stand.
- Do not keep your Polytank close to fire or use sharp objects such as knives, scissors, machetes etc. on your Polytank.
- Seek the services of a Professional/Certified Plumber in installing your Polytank and read the installation instructions pasted on the Polytank properly.
Regular Tank Inspection Checklist
It is important to inspect your polytank by screening on a regular 6 month basis. Here is a list of areas that you should inspect:
- Tank and tank roof – check the total structure of the tank including the roof and access cover. Any holes or gaps should obviously be repaired. Check for the presence of accumulated debris, leaves, droppings, dead insects and the likes. Any unwanted material should be cleared. If you feel your roof needs a clean, ensure that your polytank is disconnected from the water flow and covered.
- Inflow and overflow screens – ensure you screen around your tank and ensure accessories are properly cleaned, secured and unbroken. These prevent mosquitoes, frogs and vermin from entering your tank. If broken, repair if necessary and also inspect inside your tank.
- Internal inspection – Identify and ensure all access points are properly sealed and light entry is fully blocked. Check for and remove any built up leaves and debris. Remove water and any blockages from first flush device as necessary.
- Tank fittings, pump, mains switch and pipes – During inspection ensure they are in full working order and that they do not need repairs. Finally, be sure to disconnect your tank whenever cleaning!
The product-PolyTank utilizes both ROTO and Blow Moulding technologies in manufacturing; while using the highest grades of Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) and High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) raw materials.
Built with durable raw material that withstands extreme working conditions, temperatures and prolonged sunlight exposure; Polytank’s water tanks are made from international standard molds without seams or joints thus rendering them leak proof. The raw material is mixed with UV stabilizers to make the products tough enough to withstand all harsh weather conditions.
While scientifically designed for optimum strength, Polytank is lightweight making them easy to carry and install. The environmental friendliness and hygienic nature of PolyTank water storage gives customer value for their money as well as satisfaction from buying a good and durable product.