Five promising Ghanaian agritech startups will have the opportunity to develop their expertise from Israeli agritec experts. Known as the Israel-Ghana AgritechAccel, the project aims at harnessing Israeli technology and product development expertise to benefit the agritech start-ups.
It is an initiative of the Embassy of Israel in partnership with Innohub and the Pears Programme for Global Innovation.
Launching the project in Accra, Israeli Ambassador to Ghana, Shani Cooper, said the unique initiative was created to bring together Israeli and Ghanaian agritech start-ups to collaborate, learn from each other and accelerate on a larger scale. “The second part of the collaboration is bringing Israeli entrepreneurs to Ghana to learn from Ghanaian agric companies,” she said.
The Israel-Ghana AgriTechAccel, a state of the art six-week programme, will run from October to November2021 for post-pilot Ghanaian agritech start-ups. The programme will involve classroom sessions, participant-led workshops, and individualized mentor support to help participating start-ups refine their technologies.
The selected participants will benefit from the following:
- Tailored product building coaching from Israeli tech experts and Ghanaian coaches.
- High level workshops on product fit, product architecture, user experience, manufacturing/development.
- Partnership development opportunities with Israeli startups in a similar industry.
- Network of investment partnerships.
To be selected, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- AgriTech startup with an existing product or solution.
- Existing tech product that is targetted at B2B and have products already on the market or post proof of concept stage.
- Previous participation in any business acceleration programme will be an advantage but not a pre-requirement.
- Demonstrate a clear product development goal.
Agritech startups interested in a tailored product innovation accelerator programme that will provide them with high-level technological expertise for their product development journey should apply at
The application is currently open, and the deadline for submission is Sunday, 25th July 2021.