Hibiscus Cheese Cake is a creamy no-bake cheese cake with an infusion of “Hibiscus” which is locally known as “Sobolo” in Ghana. Hibiscus has become popular and versatile in recent times because of its’ numerous health benefits. This recipe has an interesting combination of ingredients which gives it a creamy rich and crunchy taste. Hibiscus Cheese Cake is another elegant and perfect dessert to explore for all occasions.
- Digestive biscuits -300g
- Unsalted butter -40g
- Ginger juice -5g
- Sugar -150g
- Cream cheese -300g
- Plain fresh yoghurt -40g
- Lemon juice -10g
- Hibiscus (Sobolo) juice (cook to reduction-coulis)
- Dainess Gelatin – 15g
- Dainess vanilla essence -1tsp
- Whipped cream -200g
- Put digestive biscuit in a large resealable plastic bag, and crush them with a rolling pin until very fine crumbs form.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl. Add butter, ginger juice, and stir until well combined.
- Press the crumb mixture into a 7-inch spring form pan, spreading it 11/2 to 2 inches up the side; press flat. Chill crust in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the yoghurt a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl, as necessary. Beat in the sobolo coulis, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Soak and melt gelatin, add into the mix
- Gently fold in the whipped cream
- Pour the filling onto the crust; smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
- Make berry jelly and pour on the set cheese cake
- Remove cheesecake and serve.