Winfred Amenyeku adjudged winner of 3FM Business Pitch

June 30, 2017
Source: thebftonline.com l Ghana
Winfred Amenyeku adjudged winner of 3FM Business Pitch

Winfred Amenyeku Kwaku, CEO of BeauMond Agriquatic Solutions, has emerged winner of 3FM’s Business Pitch programme.

The 3FM Business Pitch programme targets start-up businesses and small and medium-scale enterprises to help facilitate their access to strategic partners and market their products and services.

The competition is opened to all entrepreneurs across Africa and over 500 applications were received for this year’s programme.

The entrepreneurs were finally trimmed down to five after which the public was allowed to participate in the voting which constituted 40 percent of the total votes and the five-member judge panel constituted the remaining 60 percent votes.

Winfred Amenyeku, whose business is located at Bawku, Upper East Region, amassed over 160,000 votes from the public through text messages to a designated number, whereas the others were in the region of one thousand, thereby, catapulting his win of the $10,000 prize.

Commenting on his win, Mr. Amenyeku said he feels very honoured and will use the fund judiciously to lift his business from small scale to large scale.

“I feel deeply honoured for being the winner of this competition. The other contestants were equally good, just that their best was not enough to win. And I respect them for that.

It was through a phone call that I got connected to this particular programme. There are several bottlenecks in realising your entrepreneurial goal and the organisers have identified these bottlenecks and have come up with this wonderful initiative. I am confident that this award will help me make my business better,” he said.

Also commenting on the relevance of the business pitch programme, Founder of KTC Africa, main sponsors of the initiative, Hannah Acquah, said she was motivated by her passion to help entrepreneurs through their struggles.

“I am an entrepreneur myself and I know the struggles they go through and how difficult it is to get capital because you can’t just go to the bank for funds. So, I thought about what I can do to use the network and partners I have to invest in the next generation,” she said.

She added that part of the package includes a periodic capacity building training programme for the winner.

TKC Africa has been working with businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010 to make them investor ready. It empowers entrepreneurs to understand the mileage of a good pitch as well as business and brand awareness.